2017-12-19 A.D. Rattray Williamson 5 yo Single Malt

Tasting this on the 21st - behind again!

Nose: wow - this is a 60% abv  5yo whisky - and the nose is smooth and well integrated-apple, pear, gentle peat and smoke, yummy musk
Colour: Light gold, touch of bronze
Palate: Effervescent, peppery, apple, pear, nicely balanced peat and smoke, nice smooth woody finish

Frankly - very impressed!A tbsp of water and test it again!

Nose: Caramel and fruit come forward, but still nice smokey peat as well
Palate: Smoke and peat come to the front, still has pepper, which moves to the middle, smokey peaty woody finish

This definitely has a ew rough edges. You can tell it is young. I was tempted to slot this in at #5 - but decided against it. I would love to test this back to back with some of the top 5 - I might change my mind. SO - top 5 remain unchanged:

  1. 2017-12-14 A. D. Rattray  Glen Elgin 21 yo Single Malt
  2. 2017-12-11 Samaroli - Samaroli Islay Blended Malt
  3. 2017-12-05 Secret Spirits Caol Ila 8yo Single Malt
  4. 2017-12-15 Wemyss Malts Peat Chimney Batch Strength
  5. 2017-12-18 Secret Spirits Glenrothes 19 yo Single Malt



Links
A. D. Rattray
The Singlemalting Review (Ah Ha! A young Laphroaig - I should have guessed - I think the name bias would have caused me to slot this in to the top 5 - and I already said it was close!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2017-12-17 Samaroli MacDuff Sherry 19yo Single Malt

2017-12-18 Secret Spirits Glenrothes 19 yo Single Malt