2017-12-04 The Lost Distillery Dalaruan Classic Blended Malt Scotch Whisky

This was my favourite so far. Unfortunately, this review will not be as complete as I would like. My buddy Tony came over to join me for cigars and drinks, and I am thus writing this several hours later, after a couple of other drinks. So, I will do my best.

Nose: The 43% abv works well to give this a smooth initial nose. Then, like all whiskys, it still opens up nice with a spoon of water. The nose is a classic blended scotch  - a bit flowery, a touch of wood, and a hint of smoke. Very Nice.

Palate: Again - classic blended scotch. Very smooth, caramel, vanilla, a bit of fruit/flower, and just the right amount of wood and smoke. The alcohol is just right - not to sharp.

Really Enjoyed this. The 1st one to really impress me.

Current ranking is thus 4, 2, 3, 1.

This is the first one that really impressed me. I really enjoyed it. Very Very Nice!



Links
The Lost Distillery
The review from Singlemalting (Really liked this review - we are on the same page - make sure to read the link to the history of Dalaruan - and you will find out about "bolls of bere barley")

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2017-12-19 A.D. Rattray Williamson 5 yo Single Malt

2017-12-17 Samaroli MacDuff Sherry 19yo Single Malt

2017-12-18 Secret Spirits Glenrothes 19 yo Single Malt