2017-12-09 Wemyss Malts The Hive Batch Strength Blended Malt

I did not get to this until the 11th - but better late than never!

Nose: Green Grass, Plum, the 54.5% abv adds a strong alcohol note, but the sweet plum comes through nicely, a bit of musk
Colour: Clear, golden tone
Palate: Yikes - the first attempt at a sip was a fail - the high alcohol made me cough! O second try, the touch of musk from the nose, the plum is clear, a bit of a bitter bite on the finish - I think this is the high alcohol

A tbsp of water

Nose: After sipping at full strength,my nose seems a bit dead, I still get a touch of plum, with nice musk on the finish, but that is about it. After waiting a minute of two, nose comes back - and the plum and musk is what I get
Palate:Much smoother, needed to cut that alcohol, a bit of plum, some musk

Frankly, I am not a fan. Lets see what happens in a few minutes. Ok, as I continue to smooth out from the initial overdose, I get a touch of honey, and this generally smoothes out. But - I am still not a fan.

My top 4 remain:
  1. 2017-12-05 Secret Spirits Caol Ila 8yo Single Malt
  2. 2017-12-06 Samaroli Glenallachie 8yo Single Malt
  3. 2017-12-07 Ainneamh The Malt 12 yo Blended Malt
  4. 2017-12-04 The Lost Distillery Dalaruan Classic Blended Malt Scotch Whisky


Links
Wemyss Malts
The Singlemalting Review

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2017-12-19 A.D. Rattray Williamson 5 yo Single Malt

2017-12-17 Samaroli MacDuff Sherry 19yo Single Malt

2017-12-18 Secret Spirits Glenrothes 19 yo Single Malt